Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hubcap Shield


Hubcap Shield
A friend showed me how to make these.  Just find a hubcap on the side of the road.  (Be very careful about stopping to pick it up with traffic coming.) I actually found a set of four for $1 at a garage sale. On the back I attached a plastic strip with holes in it using screws.  I had to mark the spot on the front and drill holes before attaching it with screws.  I used short screws and nuts that would be level with the screws to avoid the children getting scratched.

This is really cute when telling the story of David and Goliath to little ones.  The shield can be way too big for them.   

The shield can also be used when telling the story of Moses and the Amalekites, Elisha's Army, the Armor of God, Gideon and many other battle stories. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment